The dilemma is real.
You are a solopreneur, you are building your business, and you are busier than ever. So busy, in fact, that you can’t keep up with your billing, your bill paying, and keeping your books up-to-date.
Hire a virtual bookkeeper.
What can a virtual bookkeeper do for you?
- Download your account info and reconcile your accounts
- Have your books ready for your accountant and/or tax preparer
- Pay your bills online
- Bill your clients
- Write past-due letters to late-paying clients
- Clean up your books or catch up your data entry
- Run financial reports for you
- Teach you how to do your bookkeeping (even if you don’t want to do it yourself, you should have some basic knowledge)
There is a variety of other things that some bookkeepers might be able to do. Remember, not all bookkeepers are accountants and that makes a huge difference in services offered, as well as the cost of such services. And not all bookkeepers and accountants do tax work either. So you need to be clear on what your needs are and what you can afford. Many people use a bookkeeper for the day-to-day work, and then their books are in great condition for the accountant/tax preparer. This saves you money; if your books are a mess, the accountant/tax preparer will end up costing you a lot more.
Share your thoughts with me and if you are interested in seeing what services you might need, just fill out our form here: Bookkeeping services